Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Favorite Things

One of the Christmas things I have to go to this year wants me to bring a $10 wrapped gift. It's supposed to be one of my favorite things.

Have you really ever thought about your favorite things that are $10 or under?

Here are a few of my favorite things (under $10):

Maranatha No Stir Creamy Peanut Butter: This is my dessert most nights. I love the creamy texture and the flavor is fabulous. Not so fabulous? The price. Because I am cheap, I usually buy the Costco peanut butter. At least it only has 2 ingredients.

Sweet potatoes: I like them fried, mashed, baked, or boiled. I really don't care how I get my fix, just that I do.

Persimmons: The short fat ones are so yummy. They taste like candy - nature's candy.

Maple Pumpkin Tea Latttes: I make them myself at home and they ROCK.

Maple Syrup: Yeah, like on Elf. I love maple syrup. Not the Aunt Jemima stuff that has corn syrup in it. I want the real stuff. Costco again saves the day. They have a cheaper jug of pure maple syrup than most stores. I use it in cooking and to sweeten hot tea.

Hair clips: I love cute things that I can stick in my hair to make it look polished at work. The world doesn't need to know that I haven't washed or brushed my hair in 3 days. The hair clips can help.

Thermos Tumbler: This thing is a bear to reconstruct after washing, but it keeps drinks HOT and doesn't leak (if you put it together right).



Apparently most of my favorite things relate to food. Looks like I'm giving a tumbler or hair accessories for this Christmas party.

What are some of your favorite things (under $10)?

2 comments:

kcastle said...

Hair clippies. Yes.

Scarves

Socks

Shoes (when you find shoes for under $10, that's my favorite thing)

Bags

Stationary

Notebooks

You wouldn't guess I'm an accessorizing junkie by looking at me. I don't think I use them well. Just collect them. ;)

Eliza said...

Karen, I love scarves too! But I feel stupid wearing them, so I only do with my jacket.