Wednesday, June 17, 2009

But I Don't Have Fat Arms!

I don't. I often worried I did, but I'm finally to a place where I realize I don't have fat arms. In fact, I'm actually starting to become pleased with my arms and how they look. All of my hard work is paying off, I'm losing weight - there are only 4 more pounds to go and then I'm under what I weighed before Micah. I'm building muscle. And maybe one day, I will have toned arms even when I don't flex. I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments.

Apparently, all of this is not good enough for Chadwicks. I ordered three dresses and they came yesterday. I didn't realize that the sleeve on this dress had buttons. My arms are too thick for the buttons and it pinches my flesh. It fits perfectly everywhere else. I don't have skinny model arms; I never really have. Why do they make clothes like that? Does anyone else have this problem too?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Well, the pict of the dress didn't show up for me, but I think I know what you're talking about. Perhaps it's because you actually have MUSCLE! Which I think is a good thing.

Congrats on getting closer to meeting your goal!

Sally said...

Yes, I have this problem, too. And it's so annoying. And I don't like how my arms look, but they're still not huge, either. This is also why I just throw the Chadwicks catalogs away when they come now.

bandofbrothers said...

SOOOO proud of your accomplishments!

when i was in the best shape of my life, i was in college and i even had a weight trainer. she kicked my tail into shape and i never looked so good--all that muscle made me gain roughly 10 pounds(??? i don't really remember exactly how much) AND i went up one or two shirt sizes around my chest/arms.

So don't worry one bit about those silly button sleeves. The don't mean anything!

katygirl said...

ok i agree. i don't have big arms either. but i have this problem too. it's so confusing. i think you look great, eliza. keep up the hard work!

the chadwicks pic didn't show up for me either, fyi.

Alisa Marie said...

oh i do really hate that! anything with buttons on the sleeve get to me too!!!!

congrats on getting to that pre-baby weight!!! You're so stinkin' awesome!

Mommy Diffee said...

I am so proud of you Eliza! That is GREAT! My arms are not proportional to the rest of me I guess because I have that a lot. Especially shirts from Forever 21! I cold not see the pic of the dress but could you take the buttons off and sew on a ribbon tie or something that gives you more space? I have done that a couple times =)

Andrea said...

that's awesome- I need to keep you in mind for my motivation!

Kara Haushalter said...

You have great arms! Just wait, I never had buff arms till my guys surpassed 25 lbs....now I have awesome mom arms but I really should give my boys credit...they made them buff!