I know these little number and letter combinations are really great at cutting down spam, but I have to be honest. I get a little nervous when having to do them.
"Caught ya" trying to post something on a friend's blog.
"Caught ya" trying to buy something.
Seriously, it reminds me of the Scantron tests we'd take in school.
Did I bubble the circle enough?
Was my mark dark enough?
Do I have any stray pencil marks?
Is it true that if I put lip gloss over my answers they will all be marked right?
Oh, wait I was supposed to be taking a math test, not freaking out about the Scantron.
The same questions and feelings come up every time I'm asked to fill out one of those captcha things on the computer.
Do I put a space between the number and letter portion?
Is that a lowercase r or an n?
How did I get it wrong? I was SO sure!
I have to type my comment again?
And eventually, I just give up.
I know the purpose is to stop spam, but I'm only human.
No comments:
Post a Comment