I can't let summer be eaten up by video games and television. So I've made a goal list of things to accomplish during the summer. We'll see how I do, but I know just putting this out there will help me stay accountable.
1. Earn 4 units toward salary advancement - I'm starting a basic English class next week. It's all online.
2. Break out the sewing machine and start learning to sew.
3. Organize the closets and cabinets that are complete chaos.
4. Restring my broken bracelets and clean out my jewelry box (let's face it....some things just aren't getting used anymore).
5. Get back to my pre pregnancy weigh once and for all (not just for a brief week).
6. Finish Micah's baby book.
7. Complete our 2009-2010 budget.
8. Blog more about Micah - let's say at least 2 times a month.
9. This one's a secret!
10. I can't think of a 10th one...I feel like I'll think of it later, so for now I'll leave it blank. Dang, I just thought of it and then it left me again. OH YEAH! I want to finish cleaning the messy counter by my fridge and update the pictures by finally putting up the Christmas 2008 pictures. At least I'm getting to it sooner this year!
I know some of you are thinking I'm crazy for having a to do list, but it's fun to me to accomplish things! I thrive on it.
11 comments:
Lists are fun! Hmmm...you have me curious on #9 - make another baby maybe???? :)
Good luck with your list!
i thrive on it too! love you.
yes. i, too, am curious about #9! you get this secretive stuff from your mom, you know. i mean, you might has well have just put:
#9 - I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW!!!
How come coming to visit your favorite friend in the world isn't on your list?!! ;)
*correction: "might AS well" ;)
Loving your list! I am working on some classes, too. Ugh. I am A HALF A UNIT AWAY from moving up on the pay scale. So frustrating.
Hope to see you blogging more. Not that I should talk... I have been seriously slacking. :)
I agree with Jenn. #9 is totally to "get busy." Maybe if I was being tacky I could say "get bizzzzaaay." But that would be wrong.
I think the lack of sleep has made me loopy today.
Oh oh oh I have a 10th one for you! Come to play group on Tuesdays and let your little man make some new friends ... and let us have some Eliza time =)
I love your list, and now I am thinking maybe I should make one of my own- I am too totally motivated, not so much by the list- but by CROSSING THINGS OFF OF IT!!! Is that the best feeling in the world or what??? I love it! I'll check back in at the end of the summer and see how it went :)
I love lists! Yay for your to do list. It is funny, cuz I always end up doing stuff that isn't on my list and then I add it to the list just so I can cross it off. I love to "feel accomplished". But, I hope you will get the stuff done that is actually on your list...especially #9! ;) I'm hoping it is what everyone else is thinking, too.
I don't think you're crazy at all for making a list! In fact, I have a mental one that I've been meaning to blog about to try to hold myself accountable!
Good luck getting things done...it's always hard for me not to be a slug in the summers...
Rachel and Andrea - sometimes I will add simple things to the list, just so I know that I can cross it off right away!
Post a Comment