Thursday, August 13, 2009

What I've Accomplished This Summer:


This was my list of things to accomplish this summer. I know I still have a few more non working days, until summer is officially over, but let's face it, I'm unlikely to tackle any big projects.

Here's the list and the update in green.
1. Earn 4 units toward salary advancement - I'm starting a basic English class next week. It's all online. I finished the class, but didn't do the one unit class with USD, so I only got 3 units.
2. Break out the sewing machine and start learning to sew. I took the sewing machine out of the box (and took a picture so that I could put it on my blog). I bought some sewing supplies. I contemplated sewing a wedding gift for a friend as my first project.
3. Organize the closets and cabinets that are complete chaos. I cleaned out one dresser drawer, not because only one was messy, but because that's all I did.
4. Restring my broken bracelets and clean out my jewelry box (let's face it....some things just aren't getting used anymore). I did restring the broken bracelets; I did not clean out the jewelry box.
5. Get back to my pre pregnancy weigh once and for all (not just for a brief week). This may never happen. Okay, maybe it will if I quit going on vacation so much.
6. Finish Micah's baby book. I haven't even picked it up to continue with where I left off in the spring.
7. Complete our 2009-2010 budget. Some of this is done, but my big thing in this area was to contact my lender with a loan modification request, I still haven't finished that.
8. Blog more about Micah - let's say at least 2 times a month. I think we know that didn't happen as much as I had planned.
9. This one's a secret! And I didn't get this one done either...
10. I can't think of a 10th one...I feel like I'll think of it later, so for now I'll leave it blank. Dang, I just thought of it and then it left me again. OH YEAH! I want to finish cleaning the messy counter by my fridge and update the pictures by finally putting up the Christmas 2008 pictures. At least I'm getting to it sooner this year! This is the one thing I did! I took pictures of the mess, but didn't take any of the cleanness after the mess and now it's messy again. I think I just need to accept that the junk has to accumulate somewhere.


Maybe next summer I won't make a list - or at least not publish it. I can't believe I didn't finish one thing on here. The next post will have to be about the fabulous summer I had and the ridiculously crazy fun birthday surprise from my husband. That will be a happy post.

No comments: