Seriously, my husband rocked my birthday this year. I turn 30 on Tuesday. Because they keep moving the school year more into August, my birthday now falls at a more stressful time for me - in fact last year, my birthday was the first day of school. Anyway, Josh knew how stressful this time can be, so he arranged for my birthday surprised to come last weekend instead. Here's my surprise:
There were a lot of lies to get me to be surprised. Josh made a major mistake in discussing with me the fact that he was surprising me with something. So for the whole drive to our beach vacation, I was asking questions. He assured me he would do all the packing for the trip (by this time in the summer, I was SO tired of packing). I became convinced we were flying either to Hawaii, or to visit Jana in Indy. Josh kept insisting that it was better than whatever I was thinking. When he finally told me the dates I needed to keep open, I began thinking that maybe Josh was bringing her to me. After all, he promised I'd be able to go to a bridal shower, and work in the church nursery, so someone had to be coming to me. And of course there was the clue that was on our calendar (thanks to the I Phone) "Pick up Eliza's present". I became frustrated when Josh wouldn't let me host a last minute bridal shindig at my house on Friday night. I couldn't comprehend what would allow me to be home for some things, but not for others. Turns out he was just trying to throw me off. I called Jana and tried to pump her for info. With the help of her husband, she was able to lie enough to lead me off track a bit. She even went to the trouble of sending a text message to me about the leadership retreat that was at her house that weekend, so that I would be sure there was no way she could come out. Well, I still hoped that maybe there was a chance she was doing that to throw me off, but I also tried not to get my hopes up.
Apparently, I made quite a scene when I was walking up to Baja Fresh and saw her sitting there. I believe I screamed, "Liar" at the top of my lungs. I'm sure people around us loved it.
So we had a great time together. Josh devoted himself to watching the boys while we went out and did things. He did everything he could to make our time together great and it truly was! The weekend almost turned out to be a church high school reunion of sorts. So many friends were in town to celebrate this girl's upcoming wedding. We had a great time catching up. Seriously, I can't remember the last time so many of us from high school were together.
7 comments:
thanks for letting ME benefit from your bday, too, liz! :) i agree . . josh rocked it this year! and i'm SO glad we were able to pull it off! you would never have heard the end of it from me if you'd made him tell you after nearly 4 months of planning!!! ;) i love you friend.
HAPPY REAL BIRTHDAY, TODAY!!
I'm so glad you were surprised in the end. Jana kept calling me to tell me all the silly questions you were asking. =)
Happy Birthday, today!! It must be fun to stretch your birthday celebrations out for 2 weeks. =)
Happy birthday Eliza! You look great in those pictures and I was so excited for you for your surprise!
What a fun surprise! I'm so glad you had a great end to the summer and a great birthday! Josh rocks!
Awe that is SO sweet! Happy Birthday Eliza!
wow, what a WONDERFUL birthday gift! i would have loved something like that. I hope you had a wonderful day!
What a sweet husband!! Happy 30th, that was a great gift, nothing better than some time with girls!!!
Post a Comment