Monday, September 8, 2008

Laundry Chair Ate My Cell Phone

It's exactly how it sounds. I was sitting in the chair today with my phone and my boy. I was texting my friend, Anu. Then I remember my phone going somewhere odd and me thinking, "don't forget your phone is __________." Oh how I wish I could fill in the blank. I've called it 5 times. Each time I wind up circling laundry chair. I looked under cushions, and under the chair itself. I moved the tiny piles of laundry that are folded and waiting to go home to drawers and I moved the tiny pile of whites that's waiting to be folded. It's nowhere. Literally, it sounds like the chair ate it. I'm sure that in the morning, I'll be able to search with a much clearer head.

And because of our Mac's recent breakdown, I can't find the picture I took to document my laundry chair, so you just have to imagine a really comfy chair with laundry all over it in various stages of folding.

6 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

oh i do that all the time. I think the "don't forget you left it ______." is something in my daily vocabulary. except, i can't call my keys, or my phone or my sunglasses...etc.

Jana said...

LOL - oh you sound like me!! I have a laundry chair, too! right now it's faithfully taking care of my light colors as they await folding. notice i'm on here checking blogs instead of doing the responsible thing and folding them. surprised?? ;) hope you find your phone in the am!

Amy said...

We also have a laundry chair! Right now it is empty because the majority of the clothes we own are on the floor in the laundry room!

Josh Pearsey said...

I found it! I almost lost an arm, but I found it.

Mommy Diffee said...

Ok so now you have to tell us where you found it?! That is so funny! I think that happens to EVERYONE! With my abounding luck, the phone would have been dead so it could not ring!

Eliza said...

Josh found it way deep inside. If it had fallen any further it would have been inaccesable. It was close to getting into the fabric. Crazy.