Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Week of Firsts!

It's hard to believe that once my son was this small.

This week he wore his first pair of shoes out of necessity. He's been walking since July, but on Sunday, I made him wear shoes to church. You would have though he was paralyzed. Thankfully, he's a fast learner and is now moving comfortably in his shoes.

Micah had his first serious case of bed head. He finally has enough hair for it to actually get messed up when he sleeps!

And today, Micah had his first time of being woken up with cameras, both video and photo. We wanted to capture all aspects of his first birthday!

There was also the first encounter with a balloon. Micah was scarred at first, but then warmed up to the idea.


It's my son's first birthday! I can't believe we've made it this far. In some ways, I'm sad and miss my tiny little guy, but mostly I'm excited and proud of all he's doing and how he's growing.

11 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Birthday, MO! I hope it was a great day.

And I hate to tell ya...but I've seen your son in shoes before...in March when Jana and I were in CA...and your sis had brought him to lunch with us...does that count?

Brent and Julie said...

Happy Birthday Micah!!!

Jana said...

REALLY?? He's NEVER worn shoes before?? Micah was in them all the time but since it's been summer, he's been barefoot . . now he hates wearing them again!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICAH OWEN!!!!! We've been thinking about you all day and talking about your birthday w/ M.D! In fact, he has a message for you . . it's on my blog so you'll have to go there to see it :) Can't believe you're so big! We can't WAIT till you come visit us! We love you, little boy!!!! :)

Love, Aunt Jana, Uncle Dan and your bestest friend, Micah :)

Eliza said...

It's shoes out of necessity...see, all the other times he wore shoes, he didn't need them, they were just for decoration. Now he actually needs to get used to them because he's walking so much and it will be cold soon and you can't just walk everywhere barefoot.

So not the first pair of shoes...but the first ones he actually needs to wear.

Olive Oyl said...

SO CUTE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICAH!

Did you take the whole day off to celebrate with him!?

venessa said...

happy birthday michah!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is me giving you a big kiss on your cheek......

Kelly said...

Aw, so cute! As for shoes, have you tried Pedipeds? They're a really lightweight shoe that's great for little ones learning how to walk. Sometimes bigger shoes make it harder on their little feet!

http://www.pediped.com

Happy Birthday Micah!!! Lots of love to all of you!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Micah! You look so grown up!

Brad and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Micah!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Micah!

Sorry this is a little belated as we just got back from our cruise! We hope you had a wonderful b-day! You are such an absolutely adorable cute little boy! Hope you had a great day!

Mommy Diffee said...

Wow that went by fast ... And when did he start walking???
I changed my blog address http://thediffeefam.blogspot.com/