
Micah has a will of his own now and can demonstrate it. I don't know when he became so aware of what he wants, but he is. I first noticed it a few weeks ago if I had to move him away from something dangerous or take away the remote or the phone. I was sort of hoping it was a coincidence. He's demonstrated that he doesn't like avocados - that's the picture above. Just the other day, I was trying to clip his nails - which he hates. He was in his saucer and I hoped I could sneak it in without him realizing it. On the second nail, he pulled his hand away and turned away from me. So I spun the saucer to make him face me and again, he turned away. This happened three times, before I gave up on the nails and put away the clippers and then just played with him.
I'm also surprised at how well he moves. He doesn't say much, but my son can get anywhere and do it fast. He crawls and pulls himself up and he shows less and less fear each day - he used to be scared to venture into the hallway, but now the whole house is his playground. Exciting, and scary.
5 comments:
Yeah, well you didn't clip his nails and now his eyelide is all scratched up! You gotta do what you gotta do! As for him not talking... oh my gosh, he was having a regular conversation with Beppy and me and the dog today! He even told me to praise him because he pulled himself up on the chair in the living room.
Fun times! I haven't cut Lil Major's nails yet -- I just chew them off (is that bad???)
No Sally, I think it's fine. I used to bite Micah's nails all the time! But he didn't like that either and they were more raggedy than I liked. So I switched to clipping.
I got to see him moving all over the other day! He really is so cute! And as for having a will, Grady has a new screeching technique that is literally pushing me over the edge. aye, aye, aye.
What a beautiful pict of you, sis!
Post a Comment