Friday, May 16, 2008

The Best Kind of Water

Rewind to Florida: After 2 hours of sleep we found ourselves at the airport. I'm cranky. I'm thirsty. The airport ceiling looks like it will fall on us at any moment and they don't have a decent place for nursing moms and I'm hungry. We asked the boys to buy us water. Fawn was specific in her request of brand - me, I just wanted anything that was water. That lead to this conversation:

Me: "You're funny that you have a certain brand that you like."
Fawn: "I like this kind because it's smoother as it goes down."
Me: "We should set up some kind of water taste test with lots of different brands so we could compare them."

(obviously paraphrased, but you get the picture)

Back to the future: Yesterday I was thinking about how I wanted to do a water taste test sometime this summer. And that I should blog about it because I really want to do it - that and go to a monster truck rally. I honestly forgot my whole Florida conversation with Fawn about the water taste test. In my head, this was a totally new idea. Imagine how happy I was when Fawn and I were talking about all the fun things we're going to do this summer and she said that we had to do a water taste test!

I know it's so dumb, but it makes me so happy! I think that will our first fun thing we do this summer!

3 comments:

Olive Oyl said...

Liza... 8 days left. How. Excited. Are. You.

Seriously.

Heard you aren't working full days next year. YEAH YEAH YEAH. Hoping I'll get lucky and be part-time... but it isn't looking so good as of right now. :( Oh well... maybe I'll strike gold or oil or something in my backyard this summer. :)

Eliza said...

It's true what you hear! I'm very blessed to be able to teach one less class - and go home at 1:00 instead of 3:00. Keep up the hope Christie! Shoot - I'm still hoping for something that would allow me to quit totally too. I'll be praying for you to get a part time slot or job share or something.

dan said...

i totally wanna be the guinea pid...im italian so i got the guinea part down...im really sloppy so im kindof a pig...oh and i loves me some water