We just got back from a conference in Florida. I know we were there for a conference, but it mostly felt like a vacation. I think any day that I don't have to go to work is a vacation. We took Micah and traveled with our friends Fawn and Eric and their baby, Brayden. Here are a few of the highlights:
1. Micah or I spilled ice water all over my lap the first morning of the conference. I'm still not clear if it was me or him, so I think we share the responsibility. Unfortunately, only I got all the benefits of having freezing underwear. I also spilled ice water in Josh's lap while we were flying home. I laughed. He did not.
2. Feeding Micah solids anywhere and anytime became a skill. My favorite feeding is when I fed him squash and oats while standing in line for Peter Pan. Micah was strapped to Josh's chest in the baby carrier. I think he only had two meals at the hotel the whole time we were there - everything else was on the road, in a line, on a bench or wherever we were at that time.
3. We had 2 car rides from the "no no place" (that's what my friend Amy called Hell). Thanks to the GPS, we drove in circles for about 40 minutes trying to find our hotel while Brayden cried. I really wouldn't have minded that, except mellow Micah was wanting to sleep and every time he got close, those cries woke him up, so what could Micah do but cry too? The other one was after Disney World. We had two exhausted and hungry babies, they were like a duet, but not as nice to listen to.
4. Baby Einstein fountain. There was this fountain, that had a light and water show to classical music. We loved it.
5. It's a Small World. Micah loved it so much. He couldn't move his little head fast enough.

6. Toxic cup lady. As we sat in a coffee shop with Brayden gumming a Styrofoam cup, the lady next to us tells Eric "Don't let him chew on that cup. It's toxic..." It's hard to explain the tone and oddness of this moment. It was like she was his parent, only she was a stranger.
7. Me realizing that I feel like myself again. I don't feel as fat and frumpy anymore and I feel like I have this mom thing down a bit.
8. Micah sprouted a tooth! I found it as we got in the car at the airport! He's been so happy ever since. I never knew his teeth were bothering him. Looking back, I realize he was a little more fussy than normal.
So that's the recap of our trip! It was great!
8 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a great trip! The pre-crawling/puree-eating days are so nice... I remember when Natalie was about Micah's age, I would take her to the Mommy Movies at The Grove. Nice memories! :)
Now she's my little fun-loving, fast-walking, real-food-eating toddler. Ah! It goes by WAY too fast, and the next thing you know you don't have a baby anymore!
YAY!! I'm so glad you got to go and that it turned out to be a great vacation!! I'm totally laughing about you spilling water on Josh on the plane!! Did I tell you about that time Dan spilled cran-apple juice on ME on the plane?? Or when he spilled steaming hot butter (that was for his lobster) ALL OVER ME at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse?? Yeah . . I'd take ice water ANY DAY! ;) Micah's gotten so big! He's too cute!
You look great, Liza! Frumpy is the LAST thing anyone would ever think of you now!
Mom
Kelly, he crawls everywhere...it's not a "real" crawl yet, but my gosh, if he sees something he wants, he can get to it in his army crawl style.
Liza,
Micah is freakin' adorable! I love the mickey ears on him. What a precious little face he has. Oh, and I read Josh's blog about Dodger Day a while back. We have some friends who are huge baseball fans and I told them about D Day. They may adopt the tradition and do a "D-backs Day".
Anyways, cute, cute, cute baby!!
What a fun time for you guys!!!!
Only 18 days left of school! Are you as uber duber excited as I am!?
Not only did she spill water on me, but also all over the sky mall!
Aw, he's crawling! That's awesome! :)
Post a Comment