This year is Martin Luther King's last chance. If the poster of him falls off the back wall again, it's going in the trash.
I took so many classes this summer that now I'm stressed out trying to apply what I've learned. It probably would have been an easier last few days if I was okay with being a mediocre teacher.
I finally got a Vitamix. Making hummus was so easy yesterday. The downside is I used their recipe, which has way to much lemon if you ask me - and way too much liquid from the chickpeas. Next time, I'm going back to how I used to make it.
I'm in love with peanut butter and cashews. Not together, but independently.
Tomorrow, I'm going to start using the Class Cards app with my students. They might hate it and revolt. Or they might realize that the actually do have pay attention and do something in my class.
I think that there is a 60% chance my phone will get stolen. I have to remember to be vigilant at all times and never trust that my students won't steal from me. Possibly, I will have to resort to wearing it around my neck like a nerd.
I get that it's a cultural thing to use two last names, but honestly, for the sake of the kid, could they just pick one? I have a girl on my roster who's listed as "Margar." I'm guessing her name is Margarita, but I've been surprised before.
Speaking of that, I feel like I'm getting super good at knowing names. For instance, years ago I would have pronounced "Kamal" as Camel (and really gotten angry that anyone would do that to a kid). Now I'm smart enough to realize that it's probably pronounced "Kuh Mal."
Those are probably all the facebook posts I would have made in the last few days. Had I actually had a minute to sit and write them.
2 comments:
I had a Kamal in second grade...possibly the same one? Kamal Rahal? I'm sure you get a lot of my old students from Stine. :)
Girl, you are too funny! Love that you got a Vitamix... are you loving it??? Hope so! Have a great year, your students are lucky to have such a funny and spunky teacher!
Post a Comment