Monday, November 22, 2010

To Be Thankful

I was scrolling through some drafts that I had never posted and I found this. I wrote it last November. It still applies, so I thought I'd post it just how it is.

As I've said before, I've started several posts in the last 4 months. Most were in an attempt to describe my life and why I haven't been blogging. So right now, I'll just say it. The last few months have been hard on me. I feel cast into a sea of emotions only to sometimes be reeled in and then tossed right back in. I think the saddest part, the absolute worst thing, that I have to acknowledge is that I've doubted the Lord's goodness. Ironically enough, it was reading Micah's story bible one night that shook me out of my stupor and made me face up to what I'd been doing.

Adam and Eve chose to
doubt God's goodness.
They chose to
disobey God's word.
They did not let
God be king over them.
They ate some fruit from the tree.
They listened to the voice of Satan
instead of the word of God.
What a very sad day.
It hasn't been consistent, but there are definite times where I find myself doubting that His plan is a good plan for me. After all, don't I usually know what's best for me? I have good plans too. I find myself listening to a lie that I know is from the pit of hell, but the enemy is crafty. His lie makes very good sense to me; I can even use the Bible to justify the enemy's lie to me. Talk about a deceptive enemy!

That's how Satan got to Eve. He didn't tell her a lie that was unbelievable. He told her a lie that sounded so close to the truth, that it might actually be true. And every so often it creeps in and makes me miserable. What a sad day when I give into the lie and wallow in misery because of it.

I've been thinking a lot about my blessings. Over the last few months, I've really been convicted to focus on the good God has given me and not what he has not given me.

4 comments:

katygirl said...

i love you and pray for you all the time.

Lois' Laughlines said...

I ditto what Katy said.... I pray for you daily and love you . Thanks for the reminder of Gods faithfulness and blessings to us all.

Megan said...

ahh! i love this post, it's exactly me right now too! praying for you sweet friend.

bandofbrothers said...

such a great post. my favorite book(idols of the heart) talk a bit about this type of thing. How Satan tries to get us to believe lies...he gets to us by making us think we will be miserable if we don't get what we desire. also, we DO have much to be thankful for and when we only focus on the bad, we end up resigning ourselves to a life in the desert when we could be enjoying God's blessings.