I struck gold. I really did. My mother-in-law is amazing, seriously amazing. Honestly, she's so giving and so loving and sometimes it brings me to tears how supportive she is of me.
I know that I can call her and she'll come right over if I need her. I can invite my family over for dinner.
She loves and plays with my son. She encourages me, and listens to me. I know that she probably doesn't always agree with my wacky parenting ideas, but she supports me non-the-less and does what I ask.
I'm truly blessed.
Recently I was with some people and I called Lois to ask her if she could stay later while watching Micah. We chatted briefly and I thanked her and told her I loved her before I hung up. One person I was with said, "I never really tell my mother-in-law I love her. That's different" It's really true, though. I love her as if she were my own.
I know that I can call her and she'll come right over if I need her. I can invite my family over for dinner.
She loves and plays with my son. She encourages me, and listens to me. I know that she probably doesn't always agree with my wacky parenting ideas, but she supports me non-the-less and does what I ask.
I'm truly blessed.
Recently I was with some people and I called Lois to ask her if she could stay later while watching Micah. We chatted briefly and I thanked her and told her I loved her before I hung up. One person I was with said, "I never really tell my mother-in-law I love her. That's different" It's really true, though. I love her as if she were my own.
I know that she's up in the night praying for me. I know that she's held her tongue many times to make me feel comfortable. She's just amazing.
I love you, Lois! Thank you for being so good to me!
4 comments:
i LOVE this post! you're so lucky to have such a great mother in law. i love lois!
Sniff, sniff... brings tears to my eyes. I am the one who is blessed! Love you.
Very sweet. You are blessed!
wow Eliza... loved reading this, what a sweet relationship, and I loved that you posted it! She is just the cutest!
Post a Comment