
Today is Dodger Day. But with the biggest Dodger fan in my house gone, we didn't do much to celebrate. I didn't decorate. I didn't make Dodger Dogs or do any of our normal traditions. It just seemed fruitless to give up a day when the person who cares the absolute most is in another country. I dressed Micah in Dodger colors, and let him where his Dodger hat. I watched about 10 minutes of the game and recorded the rest. I tried to teach him to say, "Go Dodgers" and to respond with "Baseball" when I ask him what his favorite sport is. But that's really it.
I'm sorry that I didn't celebrate in style, Josh. We'll have to do Dodger Day right when you come home.
I can say that I get really excited when I hear the MLB theme song. It makes me thing of summer and happy times with my family. Welcome back baseball! We missed you!
4 comments:
I was totally listening to the game on AM radio this evening! SO fun! Yeah for the return of summer... and Dodgers!
don't judge, but we are giant's fans. john was just telling me that it was almost time to start listening to games on the radio. every car radio will be tuned in for the next coupla months. i don't like listening so much, but it reminds me so much of john, that often i will drive to target by myself, listening to the game!
brainwashed. my best friend has been brainwashed. *sigh. i'm just glad i can say i "knew you when" . . . back before your brain was taken over by bobble heads and men in tight pants.
Exciting! We are big fans also =) I love going to games in the summer time ... eating Dodger Dogs, ice cream in a hard hat, and cold soda's on a hot day! Are you guys going to a game any time soon?!
Post a Comment