Okay, so I guess it's not really redecorating. It's more like picking up where I left off 2 and 1/2 years ago. When I was planning the room a few years back, I liked the idea of the shelf above my bed - that is when the shelf hung level. But it never did. I never worried that it would fall on my head, because my dad helped us hang it and he was sure it wouldn't, but I was annoyed by the look of it. I think that's why I never finished decorating it. I never found anything to put in the center of it except at Christmas when it held the pictures that are normally in the living room. So, while Josh was gone at camp this weekend, I tackled a project.
I really wanted to put something different there, but hadn't found the artwork that I wanted for a price I wanted to pay. Art is expensive! So instead, I bought some cork board and some pretty fabrics and stapled away. It's my first attempt at being crafty, so I'm pretty proud.
Before:
After:
Pay no attention to the hastily made bed, I was in a rush to get it made before Josh arrived home.
And this is the last space I need to figure out what to do with. I like these pots, but haven't found any pretty fake flowers to put in them yet. Any suggestions?
Notice my fabulous lazy dusting job...
A special thanks to my mom who helped me pull this all together and dedicated Monday to helping me get it done so that it was a surprise for Josh when he came home.
11 comments:
our very own martha stewart!!!!! i love it!!! and you chose great fabrics:)
yay, liz!! very cute!! i think you should make cute topiaries in your pots . . . check out c. sherman's blog - she made one right before christmas and it turned out fabulous!! that way you can choose what colors and flowers . . and you can still change them out when you want! :)
I LOVE the fabric over the bed, good job crafty lady! :) I still need to find cute greenery or topiaries for my pots, so if you find them, let me know! :)
eliza! great job! your room looks great. it's funny that i'm over there all the time and never see it. anyway, what about fake hydrangas? no clue how to spell that word but i think it would look cute.
looks great Eliza! I love the look of it! Those fabrics look so great! I think the jana has a great idea with the topiaries. Some foam balls and some moss should do the trick!
Very cute! I am impressed by your craftiness and decorating abilities! I might have to copy you... (the best form of flattery, right?)
I'm so jealous of your craftiness (is that a word?). What a sweet wife you are to surprise Josh when he got home. When I try to surprise M with stuff, it usually doesn't go so well... take, for example when I cut my hair and planned to surprise him. I don't think he loved the shaved-neck, oranged-haired woman he found when he got home. It was bad. But, your redecorating is beautiful!
Wow I am really impressed! I would have never thought of that! I really need to deccorate my house, deccorations, art, curtains ... all of that stuff is SO expensive!
oh it looks so good! now i have to come over AGAIN to see it...maybe before it's been another 5 years! :-)
Eliza, it looks so cute, I love the cluster of fabrics, so cute! I definetly think you need some greenery in your pots, I think green always makes a home look alive and warm :) I liked Alisa's idea... make sure to post on how it turns out!
Hey I thought about Josh today because Jack In The Box is giving away free tacos on Tuesday the 24th...you have to go to their website and print out the coupon, but hey, it's free food, right! :)
http://coupon.hangintherejack.com/two-tacos.php
Post a Comment