Yes, I have a biter and I am the one most frequently bitten. When he first started biting, I thought he was just mad at me. Now, I've come to find out that he bites when he wants me to play with him. He thinks it's silly and fun. I think it hurts. A lot. It's not that I'm purposely ignoring him either. I'm usually making him dinner or a bottle or doing dishes, but all of this is lost on him. He just knows he wants to play with mom.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
It Bites
One of my favorite parts of being a mom are the little times where my son will give me affection. Which is why my heart should melt when I'm doing dishes and Micah runs up and pushes his body against my legs. It should melt, but it doesn't. No, instead I'm filled with fear. My whole body tenses up as I try to shake the little guy off me because I know what's coming next - little teeth in my flesh.
Yes, I have a biter and I am the one most frequently bitten. When he first started biting, I thought he was just mad at me. Now, I've come to find out that he bites when he wants me to play with him. He thinks it's silly and fun. I think it hurts. A lot. It's not that I'm purposely ignoring him either. I'm usually making him dinner or a bottle or doing dishes, but all of this is lost on him. He just knows he wants to play with mom.

Yes, I have a biter and I am the one most frequently bitten. When he first started biting, I thought he was just mad at me. Now, I've come to find out that he bites when he wants me to play with him. He thinks it's silly and fun. I think it hurts. A lot. It's not that I'm purposely ignoring him either. I'm usually making him dinner or a bottle or doing dishes, but all of this is lost on him. He just knows he wants to play with mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Swee'Pea is a biter too! He made me cry one day... it totally hurt my feelings and I came inside from playing and seriously just had to have a time out to collect myself... I know that sounds horrible but I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back that day... I know he doesn't do it to be mean... but seriously, is there such a thing as nice biting?! :)
Ok lets throw them all into baby biting boot camp! I was just talking to a dear friend today that has three kids and I was begging for some advice with this biting thing, but none of her kids were biters =( Peyton does not bite me so much ... mostly just his helpless little cousin Bree ... none of the others! I have no idea why! But it is REALLY bad!
Micah doesn't bite other kids...just his parents!
maybe it's a sign of affection??? he loves you so much, he just wants to nibble you :) heck, at least he's cute, so what if he bites :)
Have you started time-outs yet? Maybe giving him a time-out for biting would do the trick. If it's just an attention getter, he might not be aware that it's wrong.
You're right Kelly, I probably should do a time out with him. Maybe on the second bite in a small amount of time I'll put him in time out. It did work well once when we did it.
Hey, free food for Josh again! Jack in the Box is doing another promo! Go figure, anyways...here's the link.
http://coupon.hangintherejack.com/fry-drink.php#
Post a Comment