Thursday, January 8, 2009

Today

Today, I had a really encouraging quiet time - something that hasn't happened in a while.

Today, my most troubling and troubled student was transferred to another teacher's class.

Today, my son was more happy to see his dad than me. I'm still biding my time, waiting until he will want to spend some time with me. I guess that's what happens when we both come home from work at the same time.

Today, I dwelt on the negative things people have said about me in the last few weeks. Apparently, I change keys too often when I sing to my son. I'm not "the skinny one" and I have "allergy shiners" under my eyes.

Today, the Lord spoke to my heart and reminded me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Today, as I spent most of the day either freezing or sweating to death, I was jealous of all the mom's who get to be warm and cozy at home with their babies.

Today, I'm thankful for grandparents who give so selflessly of themselves to my baby.

Today, I was reminded that I do not want to become a frumpy, frizzy haired, type of teacher.

Today, I made it through the day and although I've had a million posts running through my head lately, this is all I feel like posting right now.

5 comments:

venessa said...

you are beautiful liza jane.

Rach said...

That gave me chills. I hope my quiet time is as fulfilling, today, as yours was.

Mommy Diffee said...

Eliza tell people to keep their ideas to themselves! "Apparently, I change keys too often when I sing to my son. I'm not "the skinny one" and I have "allergy shiners" under my eyes." Silly silly silly! Who says any of that anyways!? Sing your heart out you skinny little thing who only has allergy's because she lives in BAKERSFIELD!

Amy said...

Sigh. I understand many of those feelings. You are a beautiful woman who, from what I can tell, is doing a great job as a mother, teacher and daughter of God. Don't let people and life get you down. I hope your weekend is relaxing and that you continue to be encouraged by your time with God.

bandofbrothers said...

amen and ditto to mommy diffee! and if it makes you feel any better, i cannot sing at all, i gained 5 pounds since my last dr visit, and i have permanent shiners.if people notice these things, they can expect a shiner of their own. just kidding. but, you are beautifully and wonderfully made!