(You may want to skip ahead to 40 seconds to get to our favorite part)
Aren't you a better person for having watched that? I'm sorry to those of you who feel violated and Charro is forever etched in your memory. We also make a point to watch It's a Wonderful Life each Christmas eve.
We really like this part and will quote George's interesting situation line quite a bit through the year.
2. I don't address our Christmas cards. Josh likes too. It's mindless and easy and so he does it every year. On that same subject - our cards are going out in waves this year. If you didn't already get it, it's not because we don't like you or didn't have intentions. It's simply because Josh wasn't working from an updated list and the updater of the list has been slow this year. My goal is to get all the rest out today. Maybe they'll get there by Christmas, maybe not, but the thought is still there.
3. I rarely get around to Christmas baking. I want to be one of those people, but I'm just not. I just don't always find the time. Perhaps I still will, but probably not. Never expect homemade goodies from me.
4. I always try to get my shopping and wrapping done early, but rarely do. The year I did, we forgot my sister's husband. That was embarrassing. Today, I have to go out and brave the crowds to finish shopping.
5. I love looking at lights. It makes me angry that more people don't put lights up. I think they are lazy. Conversely, (I should go buy Josh Converse - he's got no present from me yet!) I really enjoy people who go the extra mile - especially if their house is visible from a main thoroughfare. We have a house that backs up to a more busy road and I think we will decorate the back of our home next year.
6. I decorate the day after Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy Christmas as long as I can. If Josh would let me, I'd do it before Thanksgiving. Here are a few pictures:
I probably could have taken more and even better photo's, but I'm pretty convicted that I need to get my act together this morning and finish my shopping. Notice the clock that never says the right time. Also notice we still have yet to decide on a stocking for Micah. It's probably the last year I'll be able to get away with something like that. I just can't decide if I want to get all new ones or try to find something that will match ours. I didn't take a picture of our entertainment center - even though it's one of my favorite parts. Micah was busy watching Einstein and I didn't have the hear to turn it off when he was letting me get so much done by watching it.
7. I listen to KGFM Christmas whenever I'm in the car. I don't like their selection this year; they seem to have forsaken a lot of newer Christmas songs for many different versions of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". But sometimes they play this little gem - because when my mom was working for the radio station, she passed along my love of this song and requested they play it.
I love this song because as a child I remember driving home from the mall with my mom and sister and we just totally made fun of it - my sister and I that is. It's so random. Wow! I don't ever think I've seen the video like this. Wow!
Have a Merry Christmas!
9 comments:
I thoroughly enjoyed your update, made me laugh AGAIN, and I loved the clips- so weird, I have the same hat as Charro, too cool!
The hatred I have for that song burns with the fire of a thousand suns!
you'd be surprised the amount of times you'll find me saying "Now all we need is Charro!"
I love this post!! Thanks for sharing. And it was so fun to watch the clip from It's a Wonderful Life. I haven't watched it this year, and I'm thinking I need to take it w/ me to Jana's.
B doesn't want to watch all those shows with me, but I would love to. I did record the Peanuts Christmas show, and he watched that with me. But that was about it. We haven't even watched our traditional Christmas Vacation yet. Time went by too fast this year!!
eliza jane you KILL me!!! seriously, i miss you in more ways than i can even begin to express!! and with every post you write, i miss you EVEN MORE!
so, where did you get your white entry way (i think that's where it is) table?? that's awesome and i've been looking for something for our entry way FOREVER! love it.
also, i LOVE LOVE LOVE that josh hates that song, and i know it's only b/c it's being sung by paul mccartney!! and seriously, who else but paul could turn THAT song into something that makes you feel like you're experiencing the greatest trip of your life?! brandon would be so proud! lol
i love you friend. i miss you like crazy and i, too, am still working on christmas cards (although i know that doesn't surprise you in the least!! the more surprising thing would be if i actually got them in the mail BEFORE the big day)!!
Jana - the table is from Ballard Designs. It was a Christmas present last year from my mom. I wanted something that had a place to store things. You can never have too much storage in a house my size.
I miss you so much too! Remember....free In 'N Out each week if you move home....
Hug your sister for me
Sally - Hug your sister for me and cuddle up with the family and watch It's a Wonderful Life. It will be so fabulous!
Andrea - How do you and Charro have the same hat? I'm sure it looks better on you.
Josh - One day I'm going to find a way to make you love this song.
Alisa - You would say that. I totally see that happening.
Not. Possible.
Merry Christmas! We hope you have a relaxing one also! I love all your updates. :)
I think I've managed to watch each and every one of the Christmas shows this year on Hallmark and Lifetime TV. I am a sick person. It helped that I had to stay off my foot for 2 weeks. I was overdosed on love and goodness by the end of each day.
Post a Comment