Yes, that's right. It's another one of those "here's lots of little bits of our life posts." There's lots of little bitty things to share and things Micah is doing that I don't want to forget, so now all the random jumblings of my head are going to spill out on the computer screen.
~ Micah got his first stitch and trip to the urgent care on Thursday night. Apparently he had a collision with the edge of the kitchen cabinet. All this time I thought cabinet protectors were to keep kids away from the dangerous contents inside the cabinets. I never thought the cabinet itself would injure my child, but somehow it did. Micah split his lip on the edge of the cabinet. I didn't see it happen. I literally was out of his presence for two minutes. I had a lot of guilt that I let this happen to my perfect little guy. Now he'll have a scar. Scars make boys tough and cool right? Thankfully, my mom was quick to remind me that this likely would have happened if I was in the same room. Needless to say, all our cabinets will get those annoying protectors on them today. Those edges are sharp.

~ We got a violation notice, complete with photo evidence, that we left our trash cans in an area visible from the street. This lit a fire under me. Yes, I left the stupid trash can out. Josh was out of town and I got home late and didn't want to put it behind the dark, scary, gate. I send an email to the property management company asking why they only enforce a select few rules, while others continue unchecked. You see for the last two years, my across the street neighbors have parked in front of my house each night. They don't get violation notices and tickets each night. This has slowly begun to annoy us and our next door neighbors. It's more than they are just breaking the rules and not getting caught - they make it hard for people to find a place to park when they come to our house. Oh, and when they do get violation notices, the property management company often sends them to our address - because if it's parked in front of my house it should be my car right?
~ Micah has acquired some new skills! He can open inside doors. I wasn't super excited about this one. He can finally clap his hands. I was starting to worry. What child waits until he's over a year to finally clap his hands? I like to think that he was just being stubborn. He can recognize the fridge magnet letter A - and not just because it's the red one. I tested that with other red magnets and he points it out almost every time. Now we are working on B. He can say "ba" for ball and I think that he has signed please, although it's hard to tell because it's not very continuous and he's not very precise with his signing. He knows where daddy comes from, and where Night Night Bear lives. When I say, "Micah, where's daddy?" he goes to the laundry room door and looks patiently at the door to the garage. When I ask him where Night Night Bear is, he goes to his crib and stares longingly at Bear. Last night it was close enough that he could push down the bumper pad and pull it through the slats.

~ Today is the anniversary of Josh's and my engagement! Five years ago today, Josh finally proposed to me! It was a long time coming and I was getting frustrated. You see, we had decided in September that we would get married in March instead of waiting until Christmastime like I had already planned. My mom had put a hold on the church and on Hodel's. All we were waiting for was for things to be official. Josh understood that he had to give enough time to plan the wedding, so he agreed that we would be engaged by the end of October. Little did we know that a day after we made those plans, Ryan would propose to Sarah Jane. Josh waited till the end of October to give them more time to enjoy their engagement. He was sweet to do that. (Well now that I'm posting this on the 2nd - yesterday was the day of our engagement.)

~ Micah has become an avid reader. He loves to pull the books off his shelf and just look at them. He will sit with them all around him.
~ Today, I get my husband back! The Ashe Bashe is finally over! It was a huge success and I'm so thankful that it turned out so well! What a great way for us to bless our community. Seriously though, you don't know how much work my husband put into this. There have been many late nights and many, meetings that would keep him away from home. I can't say that I was always as supportive as I should have been. Sometimes I just was selfish and wanted my husband at home, not at work planning and planning and meeting and planning. There was stress about not having enough volunteers, but it all wound up working out. I think it was what our church needed and what the community needed.

~ Micah doesn't want to feed himself. He doesn't want to pick up the food or hold his own sippy cup. I know he can, but he won't. I guess I have to be more forceful about it, like when I made him start falling asleep by himself, but it's hard. I was quick to flick him when he started dropping his food on the floor the other day. Yes, we usually warn, but this was really bugging me because the warnings and stern no's didn't seem to be working. Flicking with the word no seems to send an instant message. Hand squeezing didn't seem to get the message across for us, so we moved on to flicking. I know it sounds cruel, but sometimes he blatantly disobeys and I think he needs to be trained to listen.
~ Micah survived his 12 month immunizations. I did them the normal way. I did some more research and decided that it was more a lot of hype surrounding breaking them up than real research. It also helped that a new study was released that didn't find any link between Autism and immunizations. I need to be careful about what I read. Do you ever feel like we are cursed with too much information in our culture?
~ A few Saturday's ago Micah was sleeping, I was grading papers and Josh was on the computer. We were all still in our PJ's. A salesperson rang our doorbell at 11:00 and we were still in our pajama's. At first I was annoyed, but after Josh was finished speaking with him, I was more thinking he was a blessing. He was from AT&T and wanted to let us know about U-Verse. It's their new cable, phone and internet program. We save a lot of money and we have an option that isn't Bright House. I've been over Bright House since I called them last year to bundle my services and they informed me that it would cost me more than advertised, and were completely unhelpful and kind of curt about it all. Yet when I called AT&T that same day, they were willing to give me a deal where I got internet for $12.99 a month if I signed up for year and they wound up saving me like $400 for the whole year. We like AT&T and the Gas Company at my house. (Hands down, my two favorite companies - but we'll talk about the Gas Company later.) I'm so excited. We've been pretty low tech around our home the last few years. We'll finally have caller ID! And we'll finally be able to use the phone and the computer at the same time. But the coolest thing is that our DVR will be house wide, which is good because I can tape Sesame Street in the living room and then play it in the bedroom if I need to. It's getting hooked up on Monday! I'll let you know what we think.
4 comments:
- What are the cabinet protectors? The ones that keep the cabinets from opening?
- I'm glad Micah survived his immunizations. I was interested to hear that you decided not to split them up. I never really got back to that lady about buying the shots separately and kind of felt bad...but I couldn't make a decision about it. I think that we will most likely not split them up either.
- I'm jealous of your AT&T situation...I checked into it and we can't get it here...our ONLY option is Brighthouse...which I hate. We are totally low tech. I can't live without caller ID but we still actually tape shows. On a VCR.
The ER trip sounds scary...I'm so afraid of the first time I have to do that. He'll probably think the scar is cool, and he's fine now - that's the important thing.
Stupid HOA's...I can't believe you got a letter for ONE offense.
I'm so anxious to hear how you like the AT&T thing -- let us know!!
By the way, I love MO's Halloween costume!!
love the monkey suit, let him wear it everyday if he wants, he's adorable :)
Great update!
And Sam already has a scar, and the incident happened within like six inches from where I was sitting and I couldn't stop it, so don't feel too bad.
We just got ATT U-Verse after nearly a year of no cable. We like it... but we don't have PBS. Which stinks. But there are a few other channels with cartoons that I've found.
Hope your week is going well... only like 7 more weeks until Christmas break!
Post a Comment