It's skin. He's suffered from little eczema spots since he was 3 months old. Now it's a diaper rash that is so painful he looks like his bottom is burning. Between his sobs, he gasps for air at the pain. It breaks my heart. I finally figured out that it has to be a food allergy. I think it's the whole milk we started giving him last week. It has to be. Otherwise, I have no clue.
7 comments:
ahh!!! :( poor guy!!!
may i suggest a little Boudreaux's Butt Paste? It works wonders!!! SO much better than Desitin or anything else i've tried!
My SIL suggested A&D oitment when it gets really bad like that, too. I hope he feels better soon!
Can you e-mail me your e-mail address so I can add you to my blog? I made it private. angela.diffee@phoenix.edu Thanks!
Jana we use the Butt Paste and it hasn't been helping this time. The doctor said it was yeast, but the medicine and butt paste isn't clearing it up as it should.
Sally, I use A and D on his face mostly - when it gets all dry from the slobber - and on his thumb and everywhere else that his skin is chapped. Maybe I'll try it on his butt.
we're in the same boat.
when I took henry into the doctor last week the doctor looked at me and was like "why did you let it get this bad?"
talk about mommy guilt!
I'm making an appointment for henry with an allergist, cause he's had it off and on since we started milk too, but it's never been as bad as it was last week.
oh, poor guy! Mia has eczema too! And I realized it is a turkey/chicken allergy. They told me to use hydrocortizone cream on her (over the counter 1%) and it cleared it up immediately...we also always try to lotion her up with either special eczema cream for babies (I want to say aveeno baby stuff) or aquafor. I sure can't spell today...hope it clears up real soon!
poor little guy. it's a good thing to see about that food allergy.
if he gets any more excema, i had great luck with eukalyptus radiata(natural herbal oil) and I heard tea tree oil works wonders too. The best part, is they are very healthy for the skin--no harsh/harmful chemicals.
ok, i'm starting to sound very crunchy.
Post a Comment