Saturday, June 28, 2008

Updates




~ We spent a week at Hume with Josh's family. It was really fun, but Micah didn't like sleeping in his pack 'n play. Ordinarily, I'd just let him put himself back to sleep if he wakes up in the night crying, but I didn't think the other members of the house would appreciate that much (with all his crying and all), so it made for some long nights. We finally came up with a solution - Micah slept in our bed for half of the night. That was scary for me since I'm paranoid about SIDS or rolling over her baby like that mom in the Bible did (you know, when Solomon was going to cut the baby in half). And I almost rolled off the bed and onto the floor. Other than that, great trip and I got to shop on the way home at the outlets. I found some good buys.

~ We are going to Hawaii in July! Thank you Mom and Dad! This is the first total family vacation we are taking. My whole family is going! We are super excited at this unexpected trip.


~ This is the dress I covet. My sister-in-law gets catalogues and we always look at them when we are at my in laws house - it really is a fun way to spend time together - anyway, I saw this dress in the Chadwicks catalogue. Perfect for Hawaii! I put off buying it because, it will be there tomorrow, right? So yesterday, I finally bought my dress. I was so thrilled because I was smart enough to Google "Chadwicks Coupon Codes" and I found a code for 40% off! The heart wrenching thing about this - IT'S ON BACKORDER AND WON'T SHIP UNTIL AUGUST! I want to cry. I love the idea of me in this dress. If you look closely, I think you can see the model's pantyhose line on her toes - when I wear it, there won't be a hose line.

~ I spent the week helping at VBS. It was so fun. There's nothing like making a fool out of yourself while singing with an infinite number of motions. We now have a ban on singing any VBS song in our house. This is hard since it is running through my head constantly, but I'm doing my best to get this out of my head.

I think I will definitely do VBS next year. It made me realize that every stage Micah goes through will be fun and exciting.



~ I'm a magazine. Well my name is the title of one. And it looks like a magazine I would like. The website says:
Eliza Magazine is created for women who want to be stylish, sexy, and engaged in the world while retaining high standards in dress, entertainment, and lifestyle. Eliza strives to bring you the best of fashion without any of the trash. We will not uncover the sexual secrets to make him want you, promote people who are glitz with no substance, or glorify lifestyles that we know do not bring happiness. We are dedicated to finding up-and-coming fashion lines, showcasing pieces that are worth the big price tags, and discover deals that are just as hip at your local low-end department stores−along with presenting articles on uplifting entertainment, current issues, creative ideas, and life in general.

Strangely, they are not a Christian publication, or at least there is no mention of God on their site. I'm happy that my magazine is such a good one. I may order it.

~ I miss my abs. The year before Josh and I got married, I exercised tons and started looking at what I ate. I would do Pilates, Tae-Bo, run on the treadmill, toning videos or whatever else struck my fancy to be fit (No, I didn't do all of those in one day). And my body reaped the benefits. For the first time in my life, I had a line down my stomach from my toned abs. I credit a lot of that line to Pilates. Thus, before I go to Hawaii and spend much time in a swimsuit, I'm conmitting myself to doing Pilates as much as I can. The brochure says that after 20 times you should see results. I've done it at least 8 times over the last 2 weeks and can see a little line starting to show. We'll see if this helps me get closer to my pre-baby body.

~ My baby, who has a total will of his own now, is now on formula only. This made me a little sad, as I will miss feeding him, but it was he who turned his head away. And since the white gold was dwindeling anyway, I just thought it was time. I am happy to say goodbye to Medela for a while. We spent many hours together and have traveled many places over the last 9 months.

Now you are pretty much up to date!

7 comments:

venessa said...

what a little angel he is! i am so glad you were able to go to hume! i miss that place...but i don't think i would have as much without you there!

Amy said...

Wow...this is like five posts in one!

Hawaii sounds great...hope you have fun.

Good luck with the exercising. I was doing pretty well when we were in Bako but it's harder for me here. Is pilates a video?

I too will be sad when Hudson decides he's done nursing!

Alisa Marie said...

there are like a million posts in one! I love it!

i love these pictures of your little guy!

Hawaii sounds sooo awesome, and sucks about that dress i can totally see you in it!

i want my own magazine! well, title that is)

venessa said...

i just love you so much, your post made me laugh!!! i am so sorry that its annoying on paypal, i hate signing up for things too! which silver would you like...or do you want me to surprise you....i will be home the weekend of the 9th and have you pick or i can send anyone you like. thanks so much!! you are too wondeful!!

Olive Oyl said...

Great update! How exciting that you are going to Hawaii!!! Are you taking the baby? I've been leary of going on big vacations with Sam... mostly because of the little problem you had with Micah sleeping in the PNP... Sam SO does not dig the PNP when we sleep in the same room... guess I should have practiced napping him in it when I'm around, since apparently he does fine in it at Colleen's house while I'm at work.

Sam is starting to get over nursing as well... he is just so preoccupied with other things... I'm trying to make it to 12 months, but I've decided that no matter what, I am not pumping next year at work... it is too exhausting, and I spent the whole day needing to go to the bathroom because I'd been in my room pumping. I will NOT be sad to pack the Medela away until the next baby... hey, we had some good times, but we just need a bit of time apart now. :)

Hope your summer is going great!

Brent and Julie said...

I had (am having) the same problems with Gracie. When we went to Pismo a few weeks ago, she only slept half the night in the PNP. The other half was in bed with us. Now, in Hawaii she wakes up like clockwork around 3am and has to be rocked back to sleep. For some reason, she didn't want in our bed. Too hot I think. Good luck on the plane ride. I'll let you know how the return flight goes. It didn't take Gracie that long to get adjusted to the time change. :)

Brad and Lisa said...

Love the update...I wonder if I have a magazine?!?! We'd love to try your sweet potatoes...Mia likes them, but maybe she'd like yours a whole lot better!! Thanks!