Monday, January 7, 2008

I DID IT!

Today was my first day back at work. I spent all last week and yesterday either crying about it or choking back tears. Given all the drama on my part, I can only assume that the reason everything was so great was because I had so many people praying for me. It was a hugely busy day and I'm totally tired, but I'm really proud to have made it through my first full day back at work and away from my son. And my students didn't seem so bad and I didn't forget how to do my job - although logging onto all the computer systems was difficult - and my son had a great time today with his aunt.

4 comments:

Jana said...

YAY!!!!! So no call from Ed McMahon or Publisher's Clearing House, huh?? DANG IT ALL!! But I'm SO glad you had a good day and so did Micah! What an answer to prayer! Hopefully those good days will only continue! I love you!

Amy said...

yeah lj! glad it was a good day! i'm already dreading it :( and good to see you posting!!

Brent and Julie said...

I can totally relate to that. It was so hard after being off for two weeks with Gracie to go back to work. I think the hardest part about being a working mommy is getting your errands done and cleaning the house. You want to spend all your free time with the baby...not cleaning the toilet!!!

Eliza said...

Jana, Ed is not doing PCH anymore....but I'll find out if I win February 29. I'm still hoping.

Julie, I have NO clue when I'm going to go to the store, I almost went today, but then I just had to see my baby. The good thing is, my family is helping with housework while Micah is sleeping. I'm so blessed by that.