Sunday, December 23, 2007

Super Diapers

Ever since my son was born, I've been in love with Pampers Swaddlers. I would much rather spend more and avoid leaks then save a few pennies and have to do tons of laundry and change outfits all day long. The Pampers were working great for me until Micah outgrew them. It turns out the larger size of Pampers is still a little big, so we get leaks either way now. The small is too small the next size is too big. I'm becoming accustomed to leaks and doing the laundry that goes with them.

That said, you can imagine my frustration this evening when I was finished feeding Micah and felt that my sweatshirt was soaked. I quickly took him in to change his diaper and discovered that it was soaked. Josh and I tried to remember the last time we changed him - turns out we let him go all day without a diaper change. It was an accident, I thought he changed it, he though I did and we just lost track. He wasn't stinky, so we weren't rushing to change him. I guess not even Swaddlers can hold 8 hours worth of pee.

5 comments:

Jana said...

HA!!! Okay, so I just had to read the first part of this blog to Dan b/c M.D. has also outgrown the first size of swaddlers and is not quite big enough for the next!! we've been dealing w/ the leaks as well. grr. I would so think that MO would be big enough for the next size though - how much is he weighing??

by the way . . i JUST realized you had a blog! YAY!

Eliza said...

He weighs over 13 lbs now. It's hard to know exactly since we haven't been to the doctor in a while. The Swaddlers are starting to fit better now.

And my blog is well...lacking in creativity.

Amy said...

that is so funny and so disgusting!! and on another note...i didn't know you had a blog, i'm so excited! now you have to blog more!!! :)

Brent and Julie said...

I finally broke down and bought a box of Huggies from Costco. I felt guilty by cheaping out. I will say that we have only had two minor leaks and those were both during the night. :)

Melinda said...

ha ha! that story was just as good in person as reading it here. NOW BLOG MORE...thats what makes you creative!

Much love! ps I loved being able to hang out with you for that afternoon. Your Micah is such a cuddle bug!