Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Things I Should Be Doing Right Now....

Instead of looking at blogs and writing this pathetic post, I should be:
  • Cleaning my kitchen. Cooking all your meals at home makes too many dishes. Every single day.
  • Cleaning my house. Living at home makes too much of a mess. Also every single day.
  • Organizing the kitchen cupboards. Now that I'm cooking all my meals at home, I need frequently used kitchen stuff to be where it's easily accessible.
  • Writing two papers on two books. I'm going back to school. Despite my masters degree, I'm still not at the top of the pay scale. I'm determined to remedy that situation in two years. Same job, but much more money. I'll be taking 12 units this summer. I'm already done with 2 and could be done with 4 if I wrote the papers for them.
  • Figuring out how I'm going to cook the fish for tonight's dinner.
  • Fixing the look of my pathetic blog. I'm so not happy with it - to the point I think about quitting it altogether.
  • Grading research papers. Ug. Seriously. Bad. That could either be a testament to my teaching or a testamint to my student's inability to follow directions - especially ones that are typed out or ask for help. Yes, I know I said testamint - it's a shout out to Christian breath fresheners.

3 comments:

katygirl said...

liza - i laughed out loud at your testamints reference.

picnik.com has some awesome photo editing tools and they let you add really cool things to your pictures. i know a lot of people who use that for their blog headers. it's free!

if you need any other help, let me know!

Andrea said...

you make me laugh... please don't quit your blog :) I like to read your posts- brings a chuckle to my day... love that your lovin' cooking so much-- wanna share any new fun recipes with me???

oh and p.s. you are hard core with all your classes and school and papers--- hats off to you girl!

Kara Haushalter said...

Hey girl, I know this this way to late to help you with tonight's fish, BUT, in the future, I sprinkle it with some lemon peper wrap it in foil and hand to the man to grill. Comes out tasty and NO DISHES! :)

And you go girl, you are awesome about school...sometimes I think this 2nd grade homework that I have to do nightly is too much! ;)