Sunday, June 7, 2009

An Update on Micah!

I know it's been a while since I've updated on Micah.  Here are some sporadic pictures and things I don't want to forget.

We're getting him hooked on Wii early.  






If only he retains this vacuuming skill...


He likes to climb up in his chair and read books.  He also likes to climb into the computer chair and press buttons.




~ New words and even phrases every day! A few days ago he stunned us with "Go Dodgers". He also told me "Two Bee" when there were, in fact, two bees. He can also now say his name. It's not just "Cah" anymore, but Micah. He says "wowee" for yes. I love that! And probably one of the sweetest things, he sings, "ABC". Literally - A - B - C. It is such a precious sound. I think he adds at least 5 new words each day. I don't always catch them or realize what he means, but they are there!

~ Babu (Vacuum) is still one of the most loved things in the house. My mom and dad got him a play vacuum and I caught him trying to put it in the closet with the real vacuum. I have to give him credit, he knows where things go.

~ The biting continues - but sporadically. We've settled into a flick by his mouth and time out routine of punishment for biting.

~ He hides - in the same places every time. He assumes if he can't see us, we can't see him. Hiding has become a ritual at bath time.

~ Micah can point out an air plane better than anyone I know. Even if it's not leaving a contrail, he can spot it and will announce it with a triumphant "ahhpoo" which has now morphed more into "ahhpae."

~ I love him more and more every single day. He's such a joy to me and being home with him for a little bit of time is such a blessing. Yesterday he actually preferred me to Daddy.

All ready for a nap.

5 comments:

Sally said...

ahh, thanks for the update. He's getting so big! Time goes by so fast! How's your sis? Haven't heard from her in a while...guess I'll have to send her a plain old fashioned email since she doesn't respond on FB. =)

Jana said...

I LOVE HIM!! He HAS gotten SO big!! Sometimes I look at his pics and totally see you and then the next one is totally Josh! It's so funny! Hearing about him hiding places reminds me of all of Lois' stories about finding Josh hiding in closets, etc . . and then of course hiding poor Ryan! :) Good times! I can't believe I haven't seen MO since he was 6 mos. old!!!! TOO LONG! Give him a hug and kiss from Aunt Jana! :)

Mommy Diffee said...

How precious! He is so big! And smart, and cute! Isn't it great to get to spend some time with them at this age ... they learn by the second!

Amy said...

It's fun to have an update! I need to do that too!

I love the vacuum...so funny!

Sara said...

What an adorable little man! Growing up so fast!