Honestly, I think I have the most brilliant child ever. Does every mom think that about her child?
Yesterday as Josh was driving past our pediatrician's office, Micah began to cry. Josh says he stopped immediately after they had passed it.
I'm constantly asking Micah to do things as if he were capable of doing them. It's just something I've always done - even when I knew there was no possible way he could or would. On Tuesday, I asked him to bring me his shoes and he did. Josh and I were pretty surprised - I mean I know he understands, but he often doesn't complete the task.
Today was my absolute favorite though. I was talking on the phone with my mom and Micah was in his room playing. Because Josh is out of town, I had to get Micah ready this morning and take him to my sister's. Thus, his room was still a little messy. I had left his dirty pajama's on the floor. Without being asked, Micah picked them up and put them in his pajama drawer. I felt so terrible when I had to take them out and put them in the dirty clothes. Which raises a good question: Do you correct your toddler if he does something nice, but not correctly? See I know in this case it wasn't a big deal to leave pajamas that have been worn once in the drawer, but it's another thing to let him try to put away dirty silverware. I don't want to discourage him, but I also don't want him to get in the habit of doing things wrong.
Thanks to my mother-in-law for the photo!
7 comments:
he IS a genius! :) and that picture is so so cute!! great job, lois! oh, and i think you can teach as you go . . . "good job, micah! you're right - that's your pajama drawer! but these are dirty so they need to go in the dirty clothes. where does mama put the dirty clothes?"
haha - wow i sound like a dork when i reread that, but that's what i do w/ MD
I should do what you said. You are so smart Jana.
I saw him at Bep's on Friday. He is getting so big and so handsome. Such a little man!
oh my what an adorable picture, I thought it was professional!!! How fun to see all the little light bulbs go on... that is a great age! loved both posts and the pics!
Awe how cute! He IS a super smart little man! I agree with Jana ... talk him through it =)
Great pict! I was going to say something like Jana...only I wouldn't have sounded like a dork...just kidding!
HA!! whatever, agnes!!
Post a Comment