Saturday, January 24, 2009

Poor Christopher Robin


Every Saturday morning, Micah wakes up earlier than we wish he did. Our family tradition is to stick him in bed with us and watch cartoons. We don't get Sprout, so we are limited to Noggin and Disney unless we want to pull up Free On Demand. Anyway, we've always liked the Wiggles, so we'll usually watch their show at 7:00 am. Our true favorite though is the show after it - Little Einsteins!

I like that they teach music and arts and they are fun. What kid doesn't want a rocket? Sadly, I remember making fun of this show when Josh's little cousins were staying at our house. Now it's our favorite show. I wish they played it more than once a day.

I do not care for the show that comes on after it. It's called My Friends, Tigger and Pooh. I love Tigger and Pooh, but it bothers me that they have this girl named Darby with them. Everybody knows that Christopher Robin is the only human that belongs in The Hundred Acre Wood. I genuinely get sad that they didn't just use Christopher Robin. Why did they have to bring in Darby who wears a funny hat that doesn't match her outfit? Yes in this picture it's a helmet. I'm all for head safety, but in others it's a hat.



Poor Christopher Robin. He's been cast out.

9 comments:

venessa said...

hahahaha i totally agree.

lorieloo said...

uh we LOVE little Einsteins over here too! it's our favorite, and I agree, who the heck is Darby?

I think rocket has officially replaced Elmo in the favorite department...and Scott and I are RELIEVED=)

lorieloo said...

oh and while we're on the subject of not matching, it does bug me that June has red ballet shoes, a purple outfit, a pink head band and blue earrings. I don't get that either.

Jana said...

haha. we watched both of those cartoons yesterday! how about every time i hear about christopher robin it makes me think of your mom and that stinking christopher robin song that came out in jr. high (or hs?) that she LOVED!! ;)

Amy said...

I need real cable.

Kelly said...

You must have missed that episode where Christopher Robin showed up to hang out, and they thought he turned into a frog. I think the episode was called it was called "Christopher Froggin." Seems as though the kid went away to boarding school.

I wasn't on board with the whole Darby thing either at first, but I have to say that Natalie's enjoyment of her has changed my mind. She's a big fan.

And of course her hat doesn't match! It's not an accessory, it's her Super Sleuth uniform! She's not slappin' that cap for fashion... there are mysteries to solve! :)

Eliza said...

Lorie - I never actually thought about June not matching....she always just looked cute enough to me, at least everything was the same style on her, maybe that's why it worked so well.

Jana - I think it was me that loved that song. And Amy Grant sings in it....

Agnes - cable can suck away a lot of your time, so maybe it's a good thing you don't have real cable?

Kelly - I haven't actually watched one of the episodes. I'm also turned off by the fact that her name is Darby. I don't care for the name Darby. Thanks for explaining the hat though...

Olive Oyl said...

I love Darby and the Super Sleuths! But I do feel bad that Christopher Robin got shafted.

I miss cable. I'm tired of watching Barney videos over, and over, and over again.

Jana said...

yeah, i was being sarcastic . . i believe your mom HATED the song! i just remember sitting the back of her old car one day and you getting so excited cause the song came on the radio and your mom was freaking out about how much she hated that song and thought it was the dumbest song ever! LOL. wow, why do i remember that?!