Wednesday, August 13, 2008

PTL!

Okay, so if you don't know what PTL stands for - it's Praise the Lord. I had to use it because every now and then I like to get in touch with my dorky side. Like sometimes I'll sign cards to friends like I would sign a yearbook in junior high. With the whole KIT and stuff. And sometimes still I'll write Josh a note that says "Do you like me?" with a yes and no box for him to check. It's fun to be nerdy sometimes.

All that to say that the past two days were full of blessings! First, I talked to my friend about whether or not I had to stay during my assigned, yet unwanted, prep period. She said that she would stay a little bit because that was the only time she had to get stuff done, but that many days she would only stay about 10 minutes and then go. Basically it's a don't ask, don't tell kinda thing. So I'm feeling good about getting to be home around 1:30 each day.

Next blessing was a total surprise. Today after work I called my husband to see how he was doing and he wanted to see me. I drove to church to give him a hug and a kiss and chat for a few minutes. I was just leaving work, so it was really close. We were talking about junior high small groups next year and it turns out that he has enough girl leaders that I won't have to be in charge of a small group! This is HUGE! A lot of you reading this probably remember a time when there were always enough leaders for the junior high group. The past few years it seems that we would always start with enough leaders, but then they would stop coming or quit mid year or something and I would wind up with not just my small group, but ALL the girls each week. This got to be very overwhelming and started to really weigh on me. I'm really excited to be able to go when I want and sit in with a group when I want, but know that if I'm not there, it's okay. I know I'll be much more supportive to Josh that way.

Lastly, I got my rosters for my classes yesterday. My largest class is 27 and it's a GATE class! My general classes have 17 students in them! For those of you not in the high school realm, these are really small class sizes. Now I know the clientele at my school well enough to know that many of them don't even realize school starts before Labor Day, so I totally expect the about 10 students to be added to each general class in the next 3 weeks. But I also know that about 10 students will self destruct in the first quarter and thus be expelled from our school. This is heavenly - especially since I've been praying that I'd be a much more motivating teacher this year. Trust me, when you have 43 general students crammed in a class, it's not teaching, it's mostly babysitting.

5 comments:

Sally said...

LOVE your header! (I don't know how long it's been up b/c I usually read in bloglines).

Anyway, it's so crazy to me how much WHS has changed since I was there. I feel like it changed so fast, but it has been 16 years since I left there. I'm OLD!

CrystalStrickler said...

WOO HOO! :) Sounds like you have had a lot of blessings! I love your title of your blog...very cute :) Hope all is well with you! Hope your first week back is great!

Amy said...

I'm so glad you have small classes! I'm sure things will work out with your 6th period. And how jealous am I that you have your room and stuff set up. I don't know how I'm going to get it done...

Sara said...

Ha! I'm totally laughing at your KIT comments because we were just talking about how dorky we were in junior high! Glad so many things are coming together for you. Hope you have a great school year!

Josh Pearsey said...

OMG. You GTBK! IDK why YUR not KIT. LOL.