Monday, January 21, 2008

Scent A LA Micah

Yesterday, my son marked me with his scent. No, I didn't get peed on again or even pooped on, but I think I may have preferred those. I like to lay on my back and have my son lay on my stomach. This makes it easy for me to smile and laugh and play with him while he's on his tummy. Yesterday he spit up all over me. Fountains of white baby slime poured down both sides of my neck. I desperately tried to catch it in my hands and spare my carpet. This was the most spit up I've seen in a long while. The sad thing is, once you're marked with baby barf...the only thing that will get it out is a shower. Who has time to jump in the shower all the time? Not this mom...so I spent the rest of the day spreading the great scent of baby spit up to everyone around.
I'd rather be peed on.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Liza,
That is so funny...I think it is part of the initiation into motherhood that Jana posted about. Just last night, Toad spit up on me, all down my shoulder and back. I couldn't change quickly enough. That smell is just nasty!
Sorry it got on your carpet, though. That is harder to clean than just throwing a shirt in the washer.

Olive Oyl said...

Sam is a barfer. Our laundry has like QUADRUPLED in the past 4 months since his birth. Mark is already ready to get new carpet as soon as the little guys stops his disgusting habit of upchucking every milky meal he enjoys.

Ah, the things we endure as mothers. :)

venessa said...

this is venessa...
i love you and i am so glad you have a blog.